Monday, December 17, 2012

It's been a while

It's been quite a while since my last post.  Quite honestly, way too long.  But there has not been too much to report or record.  Claire is still sick.  Yes, seven weeks of sickness for her.  Last weekend she was diagnosed with croup for the first time and yet another ear infection.  She is just finishing off her 3rd antibiotic.  We are praying she is well by Christmas if not sooner!!! 
 
 
I feel totally out of the loop as I haven't had time to even check my blog list to see how everyone else is doing. 
 
Anyways, here are a few pictures of the last few weeks. 

 
Picking out bridesmaids dresses with Aunt Amanda.  Claire enjoyed hiding in the dresses and carrying her spoons around. 
 
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Calling Santa on my cell phone to tell him what I want for Christmas!

Shirt says "Elf in Training" - need I say more

Helping to decorate (or undecorate) the tree

Once again best present under the tree!  PS - notice all ornaments have been moved to the top half of the tree...




You might notice something different about our tree this year.  I have learned to never say never.  I have always been determined to have a real tree.  I mean, come on, I am a granddaughter and daughter of loggers and a am a farmer's wife.  Artificial just is not a word that is used around here.  But I came home Friday night and Trent said he had made the "exectutive decision" that we were going to get a fake tree this year.  And I wholeheartedly agreed.  A real tree is just to much.  Last year after we wrestled with getting it in the stand and level in the house, it dried out pretty quick and we couldn't even turn the lights on but for a few minutes on Christmas day.  And I am allergic to most real trees and break out in hives of some sort.  So with our busy lifestyle, a fake tree with no watering sounded nice.  Plus since we got it so late, we can keep it up a few days after Christmas if we want to.  So, needless to say I am pretty pleased with our fake tree.  When Claire gets old enough to really enjoy picking out a real one we will revert back to the olden days.  :)

Claire is talking a lot lately.  She spells everything.  And gets 99% of the letters correct.  Sometimes she spells words from left to right and sometimes right to left.  She can recognize all 26 letters in the alphabet and can say them.  She only recognizes capital letters at this point.  But she really likes to spell.  She has gotten excited about the Christmas lights and likes to talk about Santa ("Tanta").  She hasn't seen a real Santa this year because she has been sick and we haven't ventured out much.  But she likes to see him in books and on TV and on our window clings.  When asked what Santa says, Claire says "Ho, Ho, Ho!  Merry Christmas!"  Super cute.  She also likes to "sing" Jingle Bells. 

Hopefully I can find more time to blog and update and catch up with everyone else's blogs soon! 

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment