Monday, February 4, 2013

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week - upcoming events

February 7-14 is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week!  Although I do not feel prepared with something for every day of the week, I do hope to have a few neat things to share.  One being that Claire and her cousin Ryland (who you may remember reading about on the blog who also was born with a heart defect) will be "interviewed" this week by the local news channel!  I am super nervous - one, because I freak out when it comes to stuff like this.  I do not talk well in front of people.  I told Beth (Ryland's aunt who has set this interview up) today that I feel like I am one of those random people that the news crews pick out to interview after a hurricane and when they talk on TV, you just cringe thinking, wow, is that how I sound too?    Plus on top of that, I have some sort of lingering cold that just won't go away.  So I will probably sound all stuffed up too.  Geez - redneck accent with sinus congestion.  Yep - sounding more and more like those random people on the news......

So we will see.  Maybe Ryland's mom will do more talking than me!  And I hope Claire behaves and plays nice with Ryland.  It's a 50/50 chance if she will have fun or if she will cry and be shy the whole time.  Just never know!  I guess the most important thing is that we hope it will spread awareness and information about congenital heart defects in children and ways to detect them.

I am excited about the few things we do have to share this coming week to raise awareness of CHD.  :)

As for a Jax update, he was readmitted to the hospital today to start his 2nd round of chemo.  This round will last 8 days and then he will get a 3 week break.  Please pray it goes smoothly and that he continues to kick cancer!

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment