Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mother of the Year Award

This weekend Claire has been running a fever.  Not sure what is going on with her but she acts perfectly normal.  It started Friday night after her bath, I noticed she was breathing fast or "hassling" like a dog.  I didn't think too much but as the night went on and she was playing before bedtime, I realized she felt hot.  So I turned on her fan and cool mist humidifier hoping it would help.  See, I had bumped the heat up that night at supper from 70 to 73.  So my first thought was she was just hot since the heat was higher.

But then I thought she felt really hot.  I checked her temperature and it was 102! I checked it again and it was 103!  I freaked out, ran and got her some milk and tylenol and she drank it down.  I took her fleece PJs off and put on some thin cotton ones.  She still acted fine.  She went to bed and I checked her temp throughout the night and it ranged from 100-102.  She continued to hassle all night even though I turned the heat back down.

I woke her up at 7 am to give her some juice as I didn't want her to get dehydrated.  I checked her temp in her room and it was like 101.  Fifteen minutes later it was 99.5 after we went into the den.  So then I started wondering if I had basically burned my child up in her room all night with the heat!  I felt so bad.

But then as the day went on, I realized she still had a temperature ranging from 100-102.  So then I knew I did not need to feel bad that I won the Mother of the Year Award for burning up my child with the heat in her room.

But we still are not sure what is going on.  Claire is still running a low grade fever today.  Ranging from 99-100.  So we will just watch her and see.  She still acts normal and happy.

Please pray that whatever is going on that it goes away as quickly as it came!  So much for trying to be protector of Claire and not take her to her eye appointment to avoid getting sick.  I guess it happened anyway!

Love,
The Scott Family

1 comment:

  1. Praying it will pass quickly and is just a "simple" virus!

    ReplyDelete