Friday, March 4, 2011

A few firsts

Claire had to go to the pediatrician today and get her synagis shot.  That was not fun for her.  But they said she weighed 10 lbs 6 oz and was 21 and 3/4 inches long (I think).  She didn't panic as much as I thought she would, but she did not like it!   It was about lunch time when we left and I thought I could run to Chick-fil-A drive through and pick up some lunch.  She would be perfectly fine when I would drive, but as soon as I would stop, she would cry.  So I thought we might make it to get lunch, but that didn't work out.  So I had to pull out of line.  Then I thought maybe I could make it to Bojangles and she would be asleep and I could go through that line.  But that didn't work either.  Oh well.  I think she was telling me she wanted to eat somewhere else....

We decided since it was such a nice day that we would ride out to my work and visit.  This was a big step for us since this was really Claire's first "visit" to anywhere other than the doctors office, Duke, or our family.  I have to be honest, I was very nervous.  But I am glad we visited.  Claire got to see Cathy again, and also got to meet Susan, Krystal, Craig, Sherry, Murray, and Debbie (we missed you Amanda!).  Susan literally rubbed my belly every day at work while I was pregnant and talked to Claire.  So it was neat for them to "reunite".  We just visited and I held Claire.  I wish we could have passed her around, but with her recent surgery, I thought passing her around may be too much and make her sore.  So maybe next time!

We then stopped by Trent's shop and visited him for a while.  Claire has been by the shop before but I have never taken her into the shop.  She loved it and fell asleep in there while watching her Daddy.  We then left and hit up Chick-fil-A again since she was asleep.  It worked that time. The weather was just too nice to sit inside so we rode to Granny and Big Daddy's house and went for a walk around the block there.  I would have walked her down our road but I felt it would be too bumpy and too much movement for her little chest incision.  We had a nice walk.  It was strange walking around my old neighborhood.  It brought back so many memories of riding our bikes down those roads, looking for sharks teeth at the stop signs, or walking to friends' houses.  Now I am pushing our child down these roads.  Neat!

On the way home we stopped by Grandma Neat Neat's house to play.  She gave Claire a gift today - it was Trent's NCSU jacket when he was a baby.  It is too cute!  She also gave me a picture of Trent wearing it.  It is so uncanny how much Claire looks like Trent.  I love it! 

Then we rode back over to the shop and looked at Trent's tractors.  We even went into the greenhouse where it was warm and hung out.  

So today was full of firsts for Claire - a visit to work, several visits to the shop, her first walk around the block, and her first visit in the greenhouse.  We hope this is this is just the beginning of many firsts for Claire!


The Scott Family

Claire and Grandma Neat Neat

my new bonnet

looking cute in pink!

sleeping in the greenhouse and growing with the plants

1 comment: