Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jump Rope for Claire's Heart

Last week, some of Mrs. Davis' P.E. students at A.H. Bangert Elementary participated in the American Heart Association's Jump Rope for Heart.  I believe they have done this for years, but this year it was especially meaningful to our family.  Not only the fact that these young students were jumping rope for their own heart health, they were also jumping rope for children like Claire.  It is a fundraiser where the kids raise money by jumping rope and the money goes to help the American Heart Association and children with heart issues. 

What made it even more special this year was that a sweet girl decided that she would jump in honor of Claire.  I wish I would have known ahead of time and I would have posted this earlier so people could root her on!  But I just can't express what it means to know that Claire has such an impact on others already that a child who has never met Claire would want to do that for her. 

So a message from Claire - "Thank you A.H. Bangert students for jumping for your heart health and mine!  And a special thanks to Maggie for jumping in my honor!!"

Love,

The Scott Family

1 comment: