Friday, April 1, 2011

Liver update

The liver surgeon called bright and early this morning!  We are lucky to have a surgeon who calls us personally to discuss Claire and her condition and who actually takes what we say with value about how she is doing.

She of course said the biggest cyst was bigger - up from 6.5 cm to 8 cm in diameter since March 17th.  She wants to set up an MRI to be able to get a clearer picture of the cysts again and the hepatic (liver) veins.  Claire will have to be put under general anesthesia for this so she will be very still and they can get good pictures.  The surgeon is checking with cardiology and will hopefully call by the end of next week with an appointment for the MRI around the first of May. 

The surgeon is hoping we can at least wait until after the first of May to do the surgery and if possible, on into June.  But if Claire gets symptomatic, then she would be forced to do it sooner.  She also commented that she could fix Claire's hernias easily while she was doing the liver surgery, so that is good news. 

Claire weighed about 11 lbs 13.5 oz last night on the home scale.  She goes today to the pediatrician for her 6 month check up and shots.  Yes, I said 6 months!!!!  Claire will be 6 months old on Wednesday!!  (And I just counted on my fingers to be sure...)

Still no word back from the cardiologist  (Kellie Z-M- it's not the one y'all recommended.  We may be calling him though!!  Long story.)  .  I am not very happy about that as I like to have someone who will respond to my questions pretty quickly.  Especially when it comes to Claire. So we will see.....

Love,
The Scott Family

2 comments:

  1. I hope all works out with the liver/MRI.

    I have to say, either a nurse or our actual Cardiologist always call us right back. They're always open to seeing Mason immediately if I have any concerns. I think it's important to have an office like that you can trust!!!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe that Claire is already six months old! Oh gosh, they do grow so fast, right? Trent told me she was rolling over-yay! I can't wait for the day that Claire and Jack can play together :-) Contining to keep Claire in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete