I was tagged in a Stylish Award post on Ashley's blog, The Heath Family. So to take my mind off of the goings on of this week, I thought I would play the game! So this is a totally off the subject blog!
The rules to play are as follows:
1.) I have to thank and link back to the blogger who gave me the award. I did that above! I love to read Ashely's blog about their daughter Mallory. She is beautiful and I like to see what we have to look forward to with Claire!
2.) The next thing I have to do is share 7 things about myself that most people don't know. Mine are not as good as Ashley's but here they are:
1. Most people don't know that I read magazines and newspapers from back to front. I am not sure why I do this. Mainly I look at the pictures and don't really read anything. So I guess if the picture catches my eye, then I may go back and read the article.
2. Most people DO know that I play with my hair almost 24/7. It's a habit I have had from a small child. It started out with twirling my bangs. Then one day my mom cut my bangs really, really short so I would stop twirling them. So then I just moved on to my hair! When I graduated high school, the mom's put together a senior video of all the seniors with a little "message" or something about each senior. Mine was "can twirl her hair and take notes at the same time." I twirl with both hands when I am really stressed. You may even catch me with it stuck around my ear as I type or drive. It's all the time. But, what you didn't know is that Trent has never said anything to me about my habit. I guess he just loves it as part of me! :)
3. When I turned 30, I was devestated. Acutally, when I turned 29, I started counting down the days until 30 dreadfully. I started a list of "30 new things I have done while being 30." And I was proud of myself that I did accomplish 30 new things that year. Needless to say, I wouldn't have ANY problem having a "31 new things I have done while being 31" after this past year!
4. I am addicted to chap stick. There - I said it. It started out in high school with Carmex. I wake up in the middle of the night and put chap stick on. I scared my college roommate, Melissa, one of the first nights of school when I woke her up while opening my Carmex container. I sleep with my chap stick next to the bed. I always have chap stick in my pocket. I will have withdrawals like a smoker if I don't have chap stick.
5. I used to be really, really good about sending cards or notes and buying gifts for people. But life has gotten in the way and I have fell down on the job in the past few years. So I apologize to everyone for not being consistent!!
6. I wasn't very sure about blogging. I had thought about it when we found out about Claire's tetralogy. But I just wasn't sure I wanted everyone to read my daily thoughts. And I wasn't sure anyone would really care! But when I went into preterm labor, my sisters started this blog and I am so glad they did!
7. I hate to eat alone. I would rather not eat than to have to sit at a restaurant or a cafeteria table by myself.
3.) The final thing I had to do was tag 15 recently discovered bloggers to receive this Stylish Award. This is the hardest part for me because I don't have many readers! If I tagged you & you wish not to participate, no biggie. I was just trying to think of as many people as I could that I know how to contact who blog regularly & blogs that I enjoy reading. :) I could only come up with 9 today!
1. Love, Laughter, and Something Else
2. Me, Personally...
3. Mel's Blog
4. Our Journey With Fetal Hydrocephalus
5. The Amazing Adventures of Super Dude
6. Mason's Journey - Our Boy with a Special Heart
7. Bound by Grace
8. Beauty for Ashes
9. Grin and "Barrett"
4.) The final step is to contact these people to let them know!