Monday, May 2, 2011

A fun post - to take my mind off this week!

I was tagged in a Stylish Award post on Ashley's blog, The Heath Family.  So to take my mind off of the goings on of this week, I thought I would play the game!  So this is a totally off the subject blog!

The rules to play are as follows:

1.) I have to thank and link back to the blogger who gave me the award. I did that above!  I love to read Ashely's blog about their daughter Mallory.  She is beautiful and I like to see what we have to look forward to with Claire!

2.) The next thing I have to do is share 7 things about myself that most people don't know.  Mine are not as good as Ashley's but here they are:


1.  Most people don't know that I read magazines and newspapers from back to front.  I am not sure why I do this.  Mainly I look at the pictures and don't really read anything.  So I guess if the picture catches my eye, then I may go back and read the article. 

2.  Most people DO know that I play with my hair almost 24/7.  It's a habit I have had from a small child.  It started out with twirling my bangs.   Then one day my mom cut my bangs really, really short so I would stop twirling them.  So then I just moved on to my hair!  When I graduated high school, the mom's put together a senior video of all the seniors with a little "message" or something about each senior.  Mine was "can twirl her hair and take notes at the same time."  I twirl with both hands when I am really stressed.  You may even catch me with it stuck around my ear as I type or drive.  It's all the time.  But, what you didn't know is that Trent has never said anything to me about my habit.  I guess he just loves it as part of me!  :)

3.  When I turned 30, I was devestated.  Acutally, when I turned 29, I started counting down the days until 30 dreadfully.  I started a list of "30 new things I have done while being 30."  And I was proud of myself that I did accomplish 30 new things that year.  Needless to say, I wouldn't have ANY problem having a "31 new things I have done while being 31" after this past year!

4.  I am addicted to chap stick.  There - I said it.  It started out in high school with Carmex.  I wake up in the middle of the night and put chap stick on.  I scared my college roommate, Melissa, one of the first nights of school when I woke her up while opening my Carmex container.  I sleep with my chap stick next to the bed.  I always have chap stick in my pocket.  I will have withdrawals like a smoker if I don't have chap stick. 

5.  I used to be really, really good about sending cards or notes and buying gifts for people.  But life has gotten in the way and I have fell down on the job in the past few years.  So I apologize to everyone for not being consistent!!

6.  I wasn't very sure about blogging.  I had thought about it when we found out about Claire's tetralogy.  But I just wasn't sure I wanted everyone to read my daily thoughts.  And I wasn't sure anyone would really care!  But when I went into preterm labor, my sisters started this blog and I am so glad they did!

7.  I hate to eat alone.  I would rather not eat than to have to sit at a restaurant or a cafeteria table by myself. 


3.) The final thing I had to do was tag 15 recently discovered bloggers to receive this Stylish Award. This is the hardest part for me because I don't have many readers!  If I tagged you & you wish not to participate, no biggie.  I was just trying to think of as many people as I could that I know how to contact who blog regularly & blogs that I enjoy reading.  :) I could only come up with 9 today!



1. Love, Laughter, and Something Else

2. Me, Personally...

3.  Mel's Blog

4.  Our Journey With Fetal Hydrocephalus

5.  The Amazing Adventures of Super Dude

6.  Mason's Journey - Our Boy with a Special Heart

7.  Bound by Grace

8.  Beauty for Ashes

9.  Grin and "Barrett"

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

4.) The final step is to contact these people to let them know!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you played along! We are praying for Claire, Trent & you this week. I'm sure each surgery is just as hard for you all as the last, but Claire seems to be in GREAT hands & she is such a trooper through it all. I love reading about her every day. She is an amazing, special & beautiful little girl!

    PS - You & Mallory have the hair twirling in common :)

    ReplyDelete