Saturday, May 14, 2011

A little weary

Claire had quite a busy night last night.  She was up almost every 2 hours.  I am not thinking that she is hurting each time.  But maybe just having anxiety thinking she is alone.  It's hard to tell if she's in pain from the surgery, if she is hungry, if she has gas (she's had a lot since the surgery), or if she's scared.  Either way, she is very clingy and wants to be held all the time. 

So Trent and I were up most of the night last night.  My plan was to nap today when Claire napped but that hasn't happened either.  And you know that when 2 people in 2 days have told you that you look bad, then you must be looking pretty bad!  I am thinking that I need to find the time somewhere to go get that pedicure that I got a gift certificate for last July before it expires.  I should also go get that facial that I got a gift certificate for almost 2 years ago.  That might help!  Even just a night out to eat with Trent would be nice, but we haven't done that in a while.  As you can see, I don't get much time to go and get these kind of things done since I am still holding on to the gift certificates.  The hard thing is that not just anyone can keep Claire.  She is high maintenance, especially just after having surgery.  And I always hate to ask the same people over and over to watch her.  So the gift certificates may have to wait some more and people may just have to deal with my overly tired, worn down, stressed out appearance.  I will go ahead and apologize to you for it!  ;)  But the good thing about it is that we are enjoying every second with our little miracle.  We are making the best of each situation and just being together is what matters the most.  I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Please say a few prayers for Claire's friend Super Dude who will be having his abdominal wall repair surgery on Monday.  Claire knows exactly how he is going to feel! 

Also, today was the much anticipated NICU reunion at Duke.  We were so looking forward to going and finally getting all of the girls together out of the NICU.  But it would have just been way too much on Claire to drive up and back today.  We are already going to have to do that this coming week for her cardiology check up.  So we are sorry we missed seeing our friends and nurses today!  Hopefully everyone had a good time and took some pictures for us so we can see how everyone has grown!

Love,
The Scott Family

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I don't know you very well but I would love to volunteer to help out with Claire on occasion if you need some rest or to go out. I will be an RN soon so I do have that background to be able to watch out for trouble and take emergency action if necessary. I have been sick this past week so obviously it wouldn't be a good idea for me to be around her right now, but maybe someday when you're really desperate and you feel like you've exhausted all your regulars. My reason for getting into nursing is to be a pediatric nurse, maybe at a big children's hospital, someday so that and my willingness to help are my motivation for volunteering.
    Hope Claire is feeling better soon and I'm so sorry for the rough week for Claire's heart friends.

    Melissa Heath

    ReplyDelete