Friday, May 20, 2011

Steel Magnolia

Steel Magnolia (from Urban Dictionary):  A southern woman who is strong and independent yet very feminine.


Recently while Claire was at Duke recovering from her liver surgery, I went to my sister's apartment for a few hours just to get out of the hospital and take a break/nap.  I sat outside on her patio and noticed a beautiful magnolia tree at the corner of her patio.  I starting thinking about how I loved magnolia trees (my mom used to say it's because I didn't have to rake up all of their leaves!).  And then I started thinking of how Claire is the exact definition of a Steel Magnolia.  This child is beautiful in every way, yet she is the most strong and determined person I know.  I hope she continues to stay that way for the next 100 years! 

To start out like this:



And to already be like this:



I think she's definitely a steel magnolia! 

On another note, she can be quite the little ham!  Hence the following photo.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it!  :)



The next photos are a before and after surgery of Claire's belly.  It was hard to try to get the same position, but you can tell her stomach looks much slimmer.  The pictures do not do it justice.  She has a normal baby belly now!!!
before


after



Have a great Friday!

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment