Monday, October 24, 2011

Question: What is a baby ox called?

Trent's Answer:  Claire

It's kind of one of those "you had to be there moments" but it was really funny!  Claire is getting stronger by the day.  We already know how strong of a spirit she has, but physically she is developing.  She can pretty much pull herself up onto her feet most of the time by herself.  She can hold on with just one hand to whatever she's pulled up to and stand there balanced.  She even tries to stand up by herself without holding onto anything.  It's fun to watch!  I commented on how strong she was getting and that Claire was like a baby ox. Then my mind wandered off and I started trying to think of what a baby ox was really called instead of "baby ox" so I asked Trent.  And that's when he quickly said "Claire!".  It was funny!  Ok, onto the next subject...

We had another great weekend!  Saturday we took Claire to Accidental Artist in New Bern to paint something for Trent's birthday present.  We decided on a plate and we did her footprint in green and a few yellow thumbprints.  I transformed it into a John Deere tractor and some baby chicks.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!  We also made a few Christmas ornaments with her hand prints.  Claire and Granny sat outside on the bench and people-watched while I finished painting. 

We have a few pictures but they are on Granny's camera.  I will post them when I get a picture of the finished plate!

Saturday night Trent and I went to a Halloween party.  We were supposed to dress up but we didn't (we were the only ones who didn't!).  Oh well.  We went dressed as Claire's Momma and Daddy I guess.  We had a lot of fun listening to 80's and 90's music!  I felt like I was at a middle school dance!  I didn't take any pictures but I think Nikki took one of me and Trent.  Here are our "costumes"!  ;)



Yesterday, Claire and I went to Ava's 1st birthday party!  The theme was ladybugs and it was so much fun!  Claire had a blast!  She played with Izzie and the other kids, ate real cheese doodles, pineapple, and ice cream, and she slept the whole way up and back!  Ava looked too cute in her red tutu and she devoured her smash cake.  It's still strange to think that Claire is 2 weeks older than Ava when all last year we planned that Ava would be 2 1/2 months older than Claire. 

We were all worn out last night!  Claire hasn't been sleeping much through the night lately so we are exhausted.  It's amazing how much I need my sleep.  She granted us with a whole night sleep last night after some begging and praying!  Thank you Claire and God!  Claire dressed up today in some Halloween fashion with her new black cat outfit from Granny and her "candy corn" hair bow from Uncle Phillip and Aunt Brandy.  She is ready for some trick or treating!

playing at Ava's party

Happy birthday Ava!

Izzie giving Claire a balloon


Ava and her cake

cake aftermath and cute ladybug decorations

ready for Halloween!
Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment