Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Timeline

I went on Facebook tonight on my computer (I am usually checking it on my phone) and noticed my page has turned into the trial "Timeline" style.  Yeah it's somewhat harder to read, but I found it really neat that I could click on the year on the right hand side and read my status updates and wall posts from friends.  I was curious to see what 2010 had in the timeline as that was such a special, yet crazy year for us.  

I posted on September 7, 2010 the status of "to blog or not to blog?"  Well, I guess I answered that question!  Actually, my sisters started this blog as an easy way to update everyone about Claire.  But it has become so much more over the past 2 years.  It will be such a special "scrapbook" for Claire.  I love it! 

I also read all of the wall posts from those crazy days at the end of September and first of October.  I know I read all of them back then, but it was neat to re-read them today.  We really had/have such a strong group of people praying and thinking about our family.  We are so blessed. 

I found where I had posted on July 23, 2010 "IT'S A GIRL!!" just a few hours after finding out.  But it's strange, there are no status updates at the end of August when we found out about Claire's heart defect.  Maybe I just couldn't talk about it then.  Facebook was where I first blasted out that Claire was born on October 6, 2010 at 1:51 am (she was born at 1:16 am).  It is where we asked for lots of prayers and received lots of strength.  Just with the click of a few keys on the keyboard and a status update, Claire could have so many prayers and thoughts being lifted up for her.   Now it will be in an easy format for me to look back at and see how her "timeline" really was. 


And then I ran across my status updates and this picture below about praying mantises (is that the right plural way to say that??).  A few days after we found out that Claire would be born with a heart defect and liver cyst, I saw a praying mantis on the wall outside my window at work.  September 1, 2010 I posted that I had a "praying mantis outside my window at work today.  I believe in signs."  It was a sign to me.  He stayed there for a long time.  He was there on days when I really needed to see him.  September 20, 2010 I posted "another praying mantis today."  Nine days before I went into labor.  September 22, 2010, Brittany posted "For the first time in my whole life, a praying mantis was in my driveway this morning....and I immediately said one (prayer) for you and Claire!"   Then on September 29, 2010 (the day I went into labor and headed to Duke), Brittany posted "I'm not even kiddin'.....it's been raining for like 3 days here and I saw another praying mantis....on a day when y'all really need some prayers!!"   She then posted the picture below. I really, really think those bugs were a sign!

The one at work then moved on over my coworkers window and soon to find out she would need prayers and his constant watch out over her too. 


And it's funny, I haven't seen a praying mantis since that time 2 years ago.  But I truly believe he was sent for a reason. 

So seeing this picture tonight on my Facebook timeline has brought back so many memories.  The ones that meant so much at the time, but have gotten lost in the craziness of the last 2 years.  So I guess I have no reason not to like the new timeline layout that will change over and become permanent this Friday (or so my page says). 

This picture has so much meaning to me and represents the past 2 years and it makes me smile...........




Thanks Brittany for posting this and for all of the prayers he (and the other bugs) brought our way!

Love,
The Scott Family

PS- Claire is battling a cold this week.  She could use some good healthy prayers!  I do not like for her to have to struggle to breathe.  It somewhat freaks me out with her heart issues. 

PSS - Claire is attending her very first week of Vacation Bible School!  I will post pictures from the whole week after it is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment