Sunday, January 15, 2012

Operation SLEEP {nights 4 & 5}

Nights 4 and 5 seem to be getting better.  Although Claire still seems restless throughout the night and wakes up a few times, she is not completely waking up.  I am thinking the restlessness is due to this pesky stuffy nose she has and that she is having trouble breathing.  Hopefully when that is gone, she will sleep much better. 

I took the advice of another heart mom friend of giving Claire 5 minutes before I go and comfort her.  It seems to have worked so far.  She either soothes herself back to sleep or I just go in and rub her back and head and she settles back down and goes back to sleep.  So I am going to continue this method too along with the earlier bedtime to see if the combination keeps working.  Keep your fingers crossed!

So we are still waking up a few times a night but at least it's quick periods of time.  And I am hoping it will get better once her cold is better along with the new things we are working on! 

Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement!  We need it!  :)  And thanks for letting me journal this experience here.  I hope it helps me look back and see the patterns and progress.

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment