Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can I seriously be thinking about this?

I find it extremely hard to believe I am actually thinking about signing Claire up for preschool in the fall.  Not that I am against preschool, but I am having a hard time coming to grips that she would even be old enough to attend preschool! 

I realized this week that Claire is craving the social time with other kids.  She really needs it.  We are so, so lucky and blessed that my mom stays home to take care of Claire each day while we work full time.  And she gets great attention there.  But there are no other grandchildren to play with at Granny's!  So, I am thinking/considering letting her go to church preschool maybe 1-2 days a week for 3 hours to learn to play with other kids and to socialize. 

Claire is very smart and sensitive.  And very perceptive.  This week, she came to visit me in my new work office.  It used to be a doctors office and they changed it into administrative offices.  As soon as she got in there she looked around and realized it looked like a doctors office and started crying.  She is scared that all new people will hurt her with needles, scales, or whatever.  She needs that reassurance that other adults and children are ok.  That every time she is around new people she knows that not everyone is a doctor or a nurse.  So I am hoping this will help her be more confident and easy going. 

So we are thinking about preschool for the fall.  The class she would be in wouldn't be very structured or anything - just a time for the kids to learn to play together and share.  It's just so incredibly hard to imagine Claire attending preschool!!!!!  Where in the world does time go?!?!  She will always be my baby no matter what. 

Love,
The Scott Family

2 comments:

  1. Baby girl is growing up :) I know that preschool was the right choice for us. And for Connor. so happy we decided to go ahead with it this year. Its not right for every kid, but I dont regret it a bit. Well, a few less germs would be nice, but they are gonna get them from somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard when they are big enough to finally go to preschool. Especially after you have kept them at home. I had a hard time with Logan going at first but I have seen how much he enjoys getting that social time with other kids. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete