Thursday, February 9, 2012

Filling my heart with happiness

Early this morning, I received this email from a dear friend:

I wanted to tell you real quick that today Creekside Elem. is doing the jump rope for the American Heart Assoc.  Cooper is jumping from 12-2 and when I was filling out his paperwork, he said, 'Mommy, I want to jump rope for your friend that we read about on the computer'....Claire! So today he's jumping (or trying!) in honor of Miss Claire Scott!! How cute! Just wanted to tell you she has friends all over the place!!

This TOTALLY made my day!!!  This little guy understood that Claire has a heart condition and that what he was doing today by jumping rope for heart awareness was for someone like Claire.  It does my heart so good to know that other kids care about Claire.  And that the parents care enough to teach their children about Claire's special heart.  And how fitting that this happened during CHD Awareness Week?!?

Cooper's mom sent me the picture below and said that Cooper also ran a mile in honor of Claire before he did the jump roping!  WOW!  This picture brought tears to my eyes. 


Cooper - Claire wants you to know how much this means to her and her family.  Thank you SO, SO much for thinking of her and honoring Claire today.  You are a special young man!  We are so proud of you for your thoughtfulness!

Way to go Cooper!!!!!!!!

Then tonight, I was reading some of the comments on our blog and found this:

Loved this post! So informative! And so important! Thanks for sharing! I also wanted to let you know that I highlighted Claire on my daughter's blog in honor of CHD Awareness Week. I hope you don't mind me sharing her story. YOu can leave me a comment there or email me at mendingmylahsheartstrings {at} gmail {dot} com. Thanks and hoping your sweet Claire stays healthy, happy and continues to grow! Lara - www.mendingmylahsheartstrings.blogspot.com
And so I went to Mylah's blog and saw her post honoring Claire as the heart warrior for today and I burst into tears again at the love and kindness people show to our daughter.  I haven't had time to read all of Mylah's story and blog, but I plan to shortly!  She also has ToF like Claire and was born almost a year after Claire.  So I cannot wait to read about her heart journey!  Please stop over and visit her site below and see how nicely Claire was honored!

http://mendingmylahsheartstrings.blogspot.com/2012/02/chd-awareness-week-day-1-heart-warrior_08.html


The love shown by others to us and to Claire is amazing.  Nothing short of amazing.  And for me to cry twice in one day is totally out of my character these days.  Two years ago, it was my nature to cry at the drop of a hat.  But this heart journey has changed me.  It has made me a much stronger person.  It has toughened my heart.  Sometimes that's a good thing, and other times, I miss my "emotional" self.  Today I got to see that side of me again and I like it.  And that's a post for another day. 

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment