Thursday, February 23, 2012

Claire's Heart Day

Today is Claire’s Heart Day!  One year ago today, Claire’s heart was mended.  I didn’t, and still do not, consider Claire’s heart as “broken.”  I know some people use that term to describe their child’s heart, and I completely.  But for some reason, I just can’t use that term when talking about Claire’s heart.  When I think of a broken heart, I think of a “sad” heart and this child’s heart has never been sad! 

And I don’t like using the word “fixed” either, although sometimes I do use it when talking about Claire’s heart surgery.  It’s a lot less intimidating than the word “repaired.”  Why don’t I like “fixed?”  Because although she was born with a CHD, it was the heart God created for her.  And I don’t like thinking that I had to “fix” anything God created. 

So I really get in a predicament when talking about Claire’s heart.  I love her heart.  She is my heart.  And although her heart had to have some tinkering done to it to make it work better, her heart is perfect.  Claire’s heart is bigger than anyone could imagine. 

It’s very hard for me to describe how I feel in words.  I truly believe every good and perfect gift comes from God.  And that’s exactly what Claire is – a good and perfect gift to us.  And I know (as we say in the south) God don’t make mistakes. 

So today we will celebrate Claire’s heart – a celebration of her mended heart.  One that is so perfectly made by God’s hands.  Claire, we love you more and more every day.  Our love is endless and unconditional for you.  You amaze us beyond our wildest dreams.  We are so extremly proud of you and are so excited to watch you grow and continue to show others what God can do. 

Love,
The Scott Family

1 comment:

  1. I think what you said about your daughter's heart is so beautiful. Happy Heart Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete