Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Follow Your Heart

Happy Valentine's Day!  And today is the last day of CHD Awareness Week. 

Those of you who know me know that I am not a "graceful" writer.  I basically write how I feel and how I talk (which can be fast and southern).  So in an attempt to write Claire a poem for Valentine's Day, about her special heart, and my hopes for her, here's my best shot!

Trust your heart
It will always be true.
Trust your heart
In all that you do.

Believe in your heart
It makes you who you are.
Believe in your heart
It will carry you far.

Appreciate your heart
It was created just for you
                                                Appreciate your heart                                                            
It is God’s gift to you.

Open your heart
And let it shine bright.
Open your heart
And be a beacon of light.

                 Follow your heart                    
Let it lead you where it may.
Follow your heart
And God bless you along your way.


I hope that Claire follows her heart.  Even if it is upside down like in the picture above (or in her case, even if her heart does have holes, extra muscle tissue, and a backwards aorta). 

Love,
The Scott Family


2 comments: