Monday, February 27, 2012

Chunky


This so sad, pitiful face is brought to you today by Synagis shots.  Claire had her RSV shot today and as soon as we walked in pediatrics she freaked out again.  It's so sad.  I feel so bad for her. 

She literally almost crawled, rolled, and fought her way off of the scale today.  I had to even hold her for the nurse to take her temperature - luckily she did not pee on me.  Claire is just absolutely terrified of the doctor and I honestly cannot blame her.  I just hate it for her.  My dad metioned that maybe she will grow up to be a doctor one day!  We will see!

I am not quite sure how the nurse was able to get an accurate weight and length on Claire, but she said she weighed 25.5 lbs and was 31" long.  I think the doctor said she was in the 81st percentile for weight and 40 something percentile for height.  She said she was starting to get "a little chunky"!  hahahaha  I definitely do not want weight problems to start this early!

Chunky is not a word I am used to hearing when it comes to Claire.  Maybe me, but not her.  So it was kind of funny. 

So on that note, and since we were both traumatized at the doctor (Claire from the shot and me from Claire hyperventilating), I decided we deserved a treat.  McDonald's large fry for momma and a fruit and yogurt parfait for baby.  The parfait is fat free so not to make Claire chunky.  The large fry...not so much.  But it made me feel better.  ;)   And I don't go to the doctor for a few more months....

Love,
The Scott Family

3 comments:

  1. excuse me, but screw that nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Claire! When C got his last Synagis shot, I was told that the pH causes the shot to burn when it hits the muscle. Unlike most shots, it is the needle that the kiddos are protesting. This one really hurts as the shot is being administered. Thus, the reason that most kiddos scream their heads off for this one more so than other shots. His LAST one--after three seasons of it--why didn't I know this before then?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chunky=healthy for Claire bear. grow baby :)

    ReplyDelete