Sunday, March 25, 2012

Love at first sight

We unfortunately had to attend a funeral yesterday for a very missed man in our community.  After the funeral, a ritual in our small community is to host a large pot luck lunch for the family and friends at the loca l fire department.  So we stopped in to eat and visit a little more. 

The man who passed away has 1 great grandson and 2 more on the way.  The great grandson at the luncheon yesterday, Layn, is about 2 years old, just a few months older than Claire.  Layn was also a Duke ICN baby and had to stay there about 3 weeks with surgery before he could come home.  

Anyways, I don't think that Claire and Layn have ever met.  Trent and Layn's dad have grown up together and Trent is really close to their family as Layn's granddaddy and Claire's granddaddy were really good friends.  I did not realize that Layn and Claire have almost the same exact hair color and curls.  It is too cute!  I said there must be something in the water around here for super curly hair

Well, I sat down with Claire in my lap with Layn's mom while Layn got in her lap.  All of a sudden, Layn reached over, hugged Claire and gave her a big kiss on the lips!  Claire just sat there and stared at him and everyone who saw it let out a huge "awwwweee!!".  It was really sweet.  Layn's mom reminded him she had told him he was not allowed to date Claire!  ;)

Anyways, I thought it was too cute and sweet.  Definitely a Kodak moment but of course, I didn't not have my camera!!!!  

Please keep the McLawhorn family in your prayers during this difficult time.  Also another long time community member passed away on Thursday and her funeral is today.  So please keep the Bell family in your prayers as well.  I was hesitant to tell Trent that things like this happen in threes.  But have no fear - our washing machine died on Friday I am considering that to be the third thing!!!!! 

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment