Monday, February 7, 2011

"Momma said there'd be days like this...."

"...there'd be days like this, my momma said! (momma said, momma said)." 

Ok, I have had this song stuck in my head all day today.  It came into my head after not having much sleep last night and knowing that my momma said there would be days like this.  Claire seems to have an upset stomach and we had about 3 wardrobe changes last night as well as a sheet change.  Claire acts perfectly normal except maybe sleeping a little more during the day yesterday.  But her stomach tells another story.  I called the doctor this morning to see if possibly it could be the side effects from the shots on Friday.  They seem to think she has a little bug and to just keep an eye on her.  She doesn't have any fever and is eating well. 

I thought of giving her a bath at 3 am last night due to being smelly and sweaty, but figured it would be too traumatic.  So I will handle that tonight!  So not much sleep for us last night.  But Claire seems to be doing well for Granny today while we are working.  I dressed her in the cutest "I heart Daddy" outfit today.  Trent was very impressed!  She even gave him some sweet smiles and laughs this morning like she already knows how this kissing up to Daddy thing works.  Claire also got the cutest doll yesterday from her Grandma Neat-Neat for her 4 month birthday. 

We are hoping Claire packs on the pounds (or at least ounces) this week in preparation for her visit to Duke next week. 

Love,

The Scott Family

1 comment:

  1. Ouch on the "days like this" bidniz.
    wow, do I remember that, er THOSE!

    I'm glad you survived, glad you had the "heart Daddy" shirt, too. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete