Claire is 6 months old today according to her corrected age. In actuality, she is 8 months, 2 weeks and 2 days. She is doing great meeting the 6 month milestones of:
- keeping head level with body when pulled to sitting
- sitting sometimes without support
- turning in the direction of a voice
- making a wet razzing sound
- object if you try to take a toy away
- work to get a toy that's out of reach
- looking for a dropped object
- babble, but cannot say mama, dada, baba yet
We are still working on rolling and crawling. She can roll from her stomach to her back, but not from her back to her stomach. Claire is still chewing a lot even since her 2 bottom teeth are in, so we are thinking more are on the way soon!
Claire has been eating rice cereal mixed in with her bottles a night for a while. But yesterday, we decided it was time to start feeding it to her with a spoon. We have been practicing with a spoon, so Claire knew just what to do with it. My mom had prepared me that she would probably gag, but not once did she gag. She was just happy to have FOOD! :) She would get mad if you didn't hurry to give her another spoonful. My mom fed her at lunch time and video taped it and took pictures. I fed her at supper time and she did just as good. We will keep up with the rice cereal until the weekend maybe then start with baby food. I am pretty sure she is ready!
The Scott Family