Friday, June 3, 2011

Fever

Claire did ok yesterday without the motrin and her fever subsided.  But yesterday evening before her bath, it spiked up to 102.4.  So I gave her motrin, called the doctor, and gave her a cool bath.  She acted fine, maybe a little fussy.  I woke up about every hour last night to check her temperature by feeling her body.  She felt fine all night.  Around 2:30 am I woke her up to check it with the thermometer and feed her to make sure she was not getting dehydrated from any fever.  Her temperature was normal if not a little cool.  It was also normal this morning around 6:30 am when I checked it again. 

But it's the weekend and we are not taking any chances, so I am taking Claire to the pediatrician today.  Just to check her out.  I had always said I would not be one of the moms who takes my child to the doctor for everything, but I just can't help it.  With all that she has going on and has been through, I would rather be safe than sorry.  And what if she's just dealt with so much pain and discomfort in her little life that if she had an ear infection, she wouldn't really react to it?  Who knows! So we will try to keep the blog updated! 

We also hope to talk to the preacher today about getting Claire baptized in the next few weeks as well as celebrating my Granddaddy's 89th birthday this evening.  Should be a good weekend as long as Claire is healthy.

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment