Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Sacred Sunday in the South

This past Sunday, I was honored to be able to attend Ryland's baptism.  My Granny called to see if I would go with her and I was excited to go!  The service was great and Ryland looked perfect and so handsome in dressed in white.  When his parents got up to start the ceremony, Ryland's grandmother got up to sing a song to him.  I just about bawled my eyes out.  She sang so beautifully.  Here are the words to the song:


"Always Be A Child"

I was there when you drew the breath of life
And I could hear your voice
The first time that you cried
And though you couldn't see me
I was very near
And there's something now
That I want you to hear

Chorus
You will always be a child in my eyes
And when you need some love
My arms are open wide
And even when you're growing old
I hope you realize
You will always be a child in my eyes

And I was there the first time that you prayed
And I heard all the promises you made
And when you fell before me
Crying father I have sinned
I picked you up
And held you close again.

Chorus
You will always be a child in my eyes
And when you need some love
My arms are open wide
And even when you're growing old
I hope you realize
You will always be a child in my eyes

Chorus
You will always be a child in my eyes
And when you need some love
My arms are open wide
And even when you're growing old
I hope you realize
You will always be a child in my eyes.

You will always be a child in my eyes.



It just brought out so many emotions and it was so sweet.  I could tell Ryland was soothed by it and quieted down once she started singing.  Just knowing that God is with us always means so much, especially after what Ryland has been through in his few short weeks (almost 2 months) of life.  Of course I had to kiss that sweet head of his with all of that dark hair as we left.  I don't know about other heart moms, but I feel like all heart babies are part of my family.  Like you just have this special bond.  I wish Claire could have gone with us but it was her nap time and I really didn't want to cause a scene at a different church and especially at a special ceremony.  Claire would not have been able to sit still and would have been screaming at me if I would have been trying to keep her still.  So she stayed home and slept 2 hours, which she needed!!

Then we went out to eat seafood to celebrate Grandma Neat Neat's birthday a little late.  Claire did great in the restaurant and when she was done eating, she found the sea gull "decor".  We headed back to Mimi and Grandpa's house to finish celebrating with some cake and ice cream from Piggly Wiggly.   Yum, yum!  I bought the cake with the whipped icing so it's not as sweet and you can eat more (or at least I could eat more.....).  Claire enjoyed the cake before anyone else did by sticking her hands in it and then licking the icing off.  Poor child takes after her Momma on that one (although I couldn't stand the sight of birthday cake while I was pregnant with Claire). 









After the party was over, Trent wanted to go home and take a nap.  So Claire and I rode over to my grandparent's house to visit them.  My Granddaddy had asked me that morning when I picked my Granny up why I didn't bring Claire.  So I figured I would take her back over there to visit.  Claire and their dog Max played ball until Max quit.  He loves to chase a tennis ball and Claire loves to throw it for him.  She kept throwing but he finally gave up.  They wore each other out!

Granddaddy then showed us his fig trees in the back yard and his garden.  I can't wait to pick some figs this year and make some fig preserves and fig bread.  It's been a while, but I hope I can do it this summer.  Claire also stopped for a few seconds to swing with Granny and Granddaddy (long enough for me to get one picture). 






Claire and I went home and played with Daddy for a while and had leftovers for supper - and of course, more birthday cake (you would think it was my birthday with all the cake I ate!).  Perfect ending to a perfect day.  You don't get any closer to another sacred Sunday in the south than church, babies, family, seafood, birthday parties, cake, fig trees, backyard swings, and love. 

Love,
The Scott Family


No comments:

Post a Comment