Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Not really a chicken dinner winner, but I did WIN something very special!  I am so excited!  Yesterday, the CD "Every Falling Tear" by Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real came out.  It is a special CD that he wrote most of the songs about his son who was born about a year ago with a severe congenital heart defect (CHD).  I had never heard of the Christian band, Sanctus Real, until a month or so after Claire was born.  Trent's cousin, Sarah, sent me an email one night about a story that was on the news about them.  I read it and just cried.  I believe this was actually the first time I realized that we were not the only ones out there with a child with a CHD. 

I read the news story, watched the video clip of their family, and then listened to the song he had recently written called "All Of Me."  He had written this song about his feelings for his son, Bowen, who he wasn't sure how long he would live and how to love someone you knew you may lose very soon.  The words of the song hit home so closely.  I have it on my computer and listen to it every now and then and just bawl.  It brings back so many memories.  It is the first song that will be played on Claire's 1st birthday video. 

So with the upcoming release of the album, lots of the heart mom blogs I follow were offering a giveaway of the CD.  Of course, I entered everywhere I could knowing that I ususally do not win contests.  But I REALLY wanted that CD!  This morning, out of the blue, I received an email from Tiffanie's blog that I WON THE CD along with 2 other contestants!!!!  I am so freaking excited!  Here's a link to Tiffanie's blog (Claire is on there!!):  http://pineapples-n-pickles.blogspot.com/2011/09/winner-winner-every-falling-tear-album.html

And to read more about Bowen's heart, go to http://www.bowensheart.com/.  You can download "All Of Me" from iTunes or listen to it here:  http://bowensheart.com/2010/11/25/happy-thanksgiving/

Love,
The Scott Family

1 comment:

  1. Go Rebecca! Id like to hear that special CD sometime!! I am so glad it has helped you heal in some way. We love Sanctus Real!! :)

    ReplyDelete