Friday, November 19, 2010

5 lb bag of sugar

Claire weighs 5 lbs 3 oz tonight.  So imagine holding a 5 lb bag of sugar.  Except Claire is even sweeter that that!  :)

She had a sleepy day and I got to hold her for a few hours.  She seems to be more fussy at night and not as comfortable as normal.  Her stomach girth is high tonight and we are concerned of course that something is going on with the liver cyst.  The doctors think it's probably because she has not stooled since Monday.  So we are hoping that's all it is.  They plan to give her a glycerin chip tonight to see if that helps her use the bathroom. 

I was able to meet one of Claire's besties, Ava, today.  And I got to see Ava's mom and aunt that I haven't seen in a while!  It was a good visit and I was amazed at how much bigger Ava looks and feels than Claire.  I guess I have become so used to a preemie sized baby!  And to think, I used to not even hold babies because I thought they were so small.  Now our 5 lb baby seems to be a normal size baby to us. 

We hope Claire has a good weekend!  Please keep her in your prayers as always!

Love,
The Scott Family

No comments:

Post a Comment