Wednesday, November 17, 2010

6 weeks and wireless (sort of)

Today is Claire's 6 week birthday!  She weighed 4 lbs 15.5 oz - ALMOST 5 pounds!  Today was the first day in a very long time that Claire did not have any tubes in her nose or mouth. We could look at her beautiful face without any tape or tubes!  I also was able to give her a bath today.  It was the first time I have been able to do that or even see her get a bath.  It was so much fun.  She loved it!  So the nurse took off ALL of her wires!  All except her IV.  It was so neat to see her without all of the leads and probes attached to her little body.  I had to kiss all over her!  Then we had to rewire her.  :(

The doctor said that her xray today looked "beautiful" and on the radiologists "scare scale" she is a zero.  So that is good news!  They will do one more xray at 4 am and if it looks good, then they will wait a few days before doing another one.  The doctor also mentioned they would probably start Claire back on a broken down formula instead of breast milk to see how she does.  That will hopefully be early next week.

We are hoping for another good day tomorrow full of suprises!

Love,

The Scott Family


NO TUBES ON MY FACE!




getting ready for my bath



bath time!



All clean!


I'm so hungry, I could eat my mom's face as she's trying to give me kisses!


getting rewired



My new outfit with ladybugs


2 comments: