Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Liver Cyst

Julie and I went up to see Claire last night and took a bag filled with colored water up with us.  The bag contained 3 1/2 ounces (or about 107 mL) of water - the amount of fluid that the radiologists drew from Claire's big cyst.  We took these pictures below to show just how it was in comparison to Claire.  I am not sure that the pictures really do it justice.  I was amazed at how large it was.  It filled the palm of my hand.  Claire's belly is about the same size.  The cyst measured 3.8 x 2.4 x 4.6 cm after they drained it yesterday.  They hope to wean her off of the ventilator today! 

Love,
Rebecca

Aunt Julie and Claire

The cyst in her belly was this big!!  Looks like it took up her whole abdomen.

Claire and Momma

"Cyst" in comparison to a computer mouse!

5 comments:

  1. You are so funny with the colored water comparison. I am sure she feels much much better. Maybe you should think of a nursing career (you know in all of your free time ;) )
    love
    carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire looks great, bigger than I imagined. I see that sweet face and Trent's nose!! I am so glad the cyst is gone and I hope it stays gone. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you were a twin! Or do y'all just look a whooooole lot alike? Haha, great comparison and I can't imagine how all that was fitting in there. The body is an amazing thing.

    Melissa Heath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I can't believe she had that much in her tummy! I know she feels much better now that its gone! She looks like a healthy little girl. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Poor little princess. I'm glad they got all of that fluid out of there and made room for her lungs.
    -Kellie

    ReplyDelete